* Mesa County foreclosures increase again (Marija B. Vader, Grand Junction Free Press)
Colo. The number of foreclosures in Mesa County climbed an additional 20 percent over the same period last year.
* Six Top-Notch Bond Funds (Tom Sullivan, Barron’s)
has caused many investors to stash their cash in certificates of deposit, money-market funds — even under the mattress. There’s a better alternative: bonds, some of which offer substantial value, and less agita than equity.
* How old is too old to work? (Kathleen Doheny, WATE)
April 10 (HealthDay News) — Debate about the ideal age to retire has been going on for years. But with the U.S. economy in a dramatic slump, the flip side of that question — how old is too old to work? — has become uppermost in many people’s minds.
* Beware the new builder bubble (Paul R. La Monica, Money)
(CNNMoney.com) — Signs of stabilization in the housing market during the past few weeks helped lay the foundation for a nice pop in homebuilder stocks. Now, a big merger in the sector could be setting the framework for a continued rally in the group.
* High yield REITs come with a warning (Janet Morrissey, Money)
(Fortune) — Many investors looking for safe havens in a rough market are latching onto double-digit dividend yields offered by real estate investment trusts.